Find the “good” light when you are photographing your subjects, but also look out for interesting shadows.
When all the stars are aligned, maybe, just maybe, you’ll find both.
To see more “Shadows” entries, go to I Heart Faces.
*September 20, 2013 UPDATE*
This image was chosen as one of the Top 10 Favorites in the Shadow Challenge! What an honor! YAY!!!
There is a certain tranquility about this image…
It’s in the way the father and son are walking. You can tell they’ve walked that pier before. You can tell they are silent.
It’s the calmness of the water. You can tell it’s early morning. You can tell the boats and the ducks have not yet stirred.
It’s in the soft lines of the plant like watercolor brush strokes. Oh fine, I admit I had to lurk like a bobcat to get this shot!
To see more “In the Distance” entries, go to I Heart Faces.
See the grass in the forefront?
Yup. I had to lay in who-knows-what to get this natural frame of a sweet family enjoying the sun on a Winter day.
It was completely worth it to capture the moment and gorgeous backlight.
PHOTOGRAPHY TIP: Stop and look around you. There are natural frames everywhere!
To see more “Framed” entries, go to I Heart Faces.
*March 14, 2013 UPDATE*
Out of 333 entries, this photo was selected as one of the Top 10 Favorites in the Framed Challenge! Woweeee!!!
Looks like the results are in for the Most Delicious Light of 2011 and Funniest Photos of 2011. Thank you to those who voted on Facebook!
Though the number of votes may vary over time since voting is open, the favorites were abundantly clear… though some were a surprise.
(If you haven’t seen all my favorites that made it into the albums or you want to cast your vote, go to my Facebook business page.)
BEST OF 2011: THE MOST DELICIOUS LIGHT
Tied for #4
Since I love to laugh, it is imperative to show my favorite FUNNY photos of the year.
The image that received the most number of votes was astonishing!
WHAT THE?!!! It’s the shot of my own kids?!!
BEST OF 2011: FUNNIEST PHOTOS
3-Way Tie for #3
Capturing a moment means the image wouldn’t have the same appeal it if was taken a second later or a second earlier.
It could also capture an emotion or the essence of a relationship. Or tell a page of a story.
Below are the Best Moments of 2011, based on viewers’ votes in Facebook (as of today*).
If you’d like to cast your vote or wanted to see ALL of my favorite moments of 2011, go to my Facebook page!
*Votes can be added any time, so the Best Of images may change. The voting process is open to all and with no deadline. This is just a way for me to see what people liked! For all those who participated, thank you!!!
Triple Tie for #10
I will be posting more “Best Of” albums on Facebook, so make sure you “Like” my page to stay in touch. I wanna know YOUR favorites!
I really do.
Do you hear it?!!
There are photographs that make you feel something when you look at them. And there are some that make you hear something.
This little boy’s laughter as his dad catches him… it’s so loud!
This week’s I Heart Faces theme is “Bust A Gut”.
As of 2 hours ago, the “Color Me Beautiful” Giveaway closed. I pulled a couple numbers from random.org, verified that the entries qualified, and voila. Here they are…
CONGRATULATIONS to ROMEESA FORE and GAURI WEBSTER!!!
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing addess in order to receive your BlackRapid limited edition RS-WS1 Color camera strap! You have 48 hours to respond. (If I don’t hear from you, a new winner will be chosen.)
Be an individual.
With a BlackRapid limited edition RS-W1 color strap, you can have it all and a bag of chips. (Well, you’ll have to supply your own bag of chips!)
Now you can win one of these limited edition BlackRapid RS-W1 camera straps (as shown in this post). Read the entire post for the details.
Details to the “Color Me Beautiful” Limited Edition RS-W1 color camera strap giveaway:
* This Giveaway will end on Friday, November 11, 2011 at 6:00pm PST. Yea, that’s right…on 11-11-11!
* Each blog comment counts as one entry.
* You can have up to 3 entries per person. (See the rules below.) The 1st step is mandatory to enter.
* At the end of the Giveaway, I will choose TWO lucky winners who will win one of the limited edition straps.
* I will contact the winners and they will have 48 hours to respond to my email with their mailing address. Yours truly will be mailing the strap to you!
* Winning entries will be verified, so please follow the rules. If an entry is disqualified, a new winner will be chosen.
How to Enter:
1. Go to my Annie Tao Photography Facebook page, “Like” it, find this Giveaway post on the Wall and leave a comment. Tell me which color strap is your favorite (as your FB comment). Then come back to this blog post and tell me that you did this step. *THIS STEP IS MANDATORY TO ENTER
If you want to increase your odds of winning, here are more entry opportunities….
2. Go to BlackRapid’s Facebook page and “Like it”. If you want, you can leave them some FB love on their Wall (optional). Then come back to this blog post and tell me you did this step.
3. Tell me your creative vision. Leave a comment in this blog post with a color or design pattern you’d like to see on a camera strap. Or, if there’s a camera strap that isn’t on the market yet that you’d like to see, tell me what that is. I can’t guarantee it’ll be made (heck, I don’t work for BlackRapid), but you never know!
[Reminder: Be sure you are making separate comments for each of these steps. Each blog comment is one entry! If you do all 3 steps, you should have 3 comments (one for each step completed). At the end of the Giveaway, I will choose two numbers, which will determine the winners. Email me or write on my FB wall if you have any questions!]
Good luck, my friends! And thank you, BlackRapid, for supplying the products for this Giveaway.