I’ve been in business for many years and encountered numerous nice albums — none of which, however, compare to the company I use for my Fine Art Books. I’m not bragging; just tellin’ it like it is. 🙂
My Fine Art Books are polished and modern, not stuffy and boring. The images are printed directly on the pages — and we’re talking THICK pages, not the thin magazine-style pages — and images can run to the very edge. The paper is heavy like a book cover and MATTE like an art book.
[Warning: Don’t be upset at your friends when they can’t stop touching the pages when you show them your book!]
Thick is Better
The thick cover is a laminated hard cover that is durable and washable. It matches well with the super thick pages of the book.
The pages are matte, not glossy, which will make everyone want to touch it! And don’t worry, the paper is smudge-proof and will not show fingerprints.
The special paper uses archival inks and enhances colors so every image looks vibrant.
Lay Flat Pages
My favorite feature are the lay flat pages! That means, there are no ugly gutters (the white line in the middle of a spread where the pages bend). When you turn each page, the pages lay flat.
With lay flat pages, you can really get photos to stand out by using the entire space… from edge to edge. So in a 10×10 book, a full spread image like the one below is a 10×20 photo! This is a terrific way to showcase a large quantity of artwork from your photoshoot in beautiful, look-at-me sizes.
Since there are no gutters, you can put important elements, like faces, anywhere on the page. It is THAT fabulous!
My design aesthetic is simple and clean. I will design your Fine Art Book to reflect this modern style.
* Each book has 30 pages (15 spreads).
* Additional spreads can be added. See the Investment page for specifics.
* Leather cover upgrades are available.
* 4×4 Brag Books are available with a 10×10 Fine Art Book order. They are miniature versions of the larger book, and the quality is just as impressive. Brag Books make the most amazing gifts!
Process once you’ve ordered:
* The creation process is simple. All your images will be organized into 3 folders: List #1: Must Haves List #2: Nice To Have List #3: Definitely Do Not Want in the book.
* You provide me with List #1 and List #3. List #1 (Must Haves) should be 20 or fewer images. List #3 (do not want) is usually the smallest list. List #2 (Nice to Have) is usually the largest. I will make sure all the images in List #1 make it in your book, and I will source the remaining images from List #2. On average, there will be 40+ images in your book.
Why does my Must Haves list need to be so small when I love so many more images? Because I require some room for creativity when designing your book! When you flip through your book, there needs to be a cohesive story. So make sure that you’ve narrowed your Must Have list to only your absolute-favorite-favorites! These are the images that will make you lose sleep if they didn’t make it into your book. 🙂
* Once I’ve received your order payment and you’ve provided me with List #1 and #3, I can start designing your book!
* You can view a draft in about 3 weeks.
* You will have up to 2 edits, if necessary (ie, swap a photo for another, switch a photo position).
* Once I receive sign-off, I will fine-tune your book and send it to my book company. It takes the book company about 3 weeks to craft the book, and an additional week for shipment.