Professional Prints

Updated: Aug 24, 2020

The quality of a photograph depends on the image captured as well as how the image is printed.  I learned quickly that not all photo labs are created equal.  The professional lab I use for prints is phenomenal.  I know this because I sent the same image files to multiple labs to evaluate their print quality as well as customer service.  (I do this with all my vendors.)

I offer two types of paper.

Lustre Paper produces excellent skin tones and has a matte-like finish.  The standard archival value is 100 years in home display and 200 years in dark storage.


Metallic Paper uses a patented combination of film and laminate layers that make images “pop”.  The pearlescent surface provides gorgeous color saturation and makes the paper resistant to tearing and curling.  Metallic Paper looks great for both color and monochromatic images.


[Important Note:  Of the sample photos on this page, only the surface of the products are “Professional Paper Prints”.  The full products are called “Standout Mounts”, which have a professional print mounted on the top.]


Q:  How do you know which paper type to choose?

A:  It depends on whether you like a matte finish or shiny finish.  Some people know they don’t like glossy in general, so I’d recommend the Lustre Paper for them.  For those who like the appearance of metal or want your images to look more vibrant and unique, I’d recommend Metallic Paper.

Some people don’t have a preference, so then you can consider what else will be displayed near the print, which paper type will best match the decor of the room, and the image itself.  If want my advice, please don’t hesitate to ask!  I’d be happy to help!

Taken at an angle, you can get a good sense for the paper’s finish.  [Below left:  Lustre Paper.  Below right:  Metallic Paper]


Q:  When you say “prints”, what do you mean?

A:  “Prints” refer to loose paper prints.  “Products” or “Printed Products” refer to the larger umbrella of products.

Thus, if a collection of products includes “print credit”, it means credit towards professional paper prints.  Paper prints can be a part of a larger product, such as Specialty Frames, Standout Mounts, and Proof Books, but they will have different names.

Q:  How is Metallic Paper different than a Metal Print?

A:  These are entirely different products because of what the image is printed on:

  1. Metallic Paper is printed on paper.

  2. A Metal Print is an image printed on a sheet of metal.

#ATPProducts #ProductPhotography

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All